Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Another day, another blog.

Follow my blog with Bloglovin!

Back at it again, I guess!

By way of introduction...hello there, friend! My name is Paige, and this is my new internet home.

I am no stranger to the blogging world - not even close. If you know me personally, you probably know that I blog for my job on campus. Lately I've given a lot of thought to what makes me happy, and what I want out of life. One of the things I really wanted was a space to put out a genuine extension of myself. I chewed on the idea of a genuinely personal blog for quite a while, and it kept finding a way to reappear on my radar.

I've put in hours and hours of thought to what I wanted this space to be. I pestered at least 45 different people to let me brainblast with them, shot down thousands of name ideas, and changed this damn blog layout more times than I can count (thank you, coding skills, without you I would be nothing). Ultimately, what you see is the end result of a lot of effort and dedication to this little home of mine here.

This Satellite Life is my way of pulling together every little piece of the world that I so fortunately get to orbit in this beautiful, crazy lifetime. It is my heart and my mind in one place, with a whole lot of humor and real life emotion and truth. 

If no one reads this, I'm down with that. First and foremost, this blog is for myself. I often have so much to express, and I get around to it. Because life is happening, so so quickly, And I forget to let myself have a second.  This is my way of forcing myself to make my own thoughts a priority in my life.

But, if you do stick around, I definitely won't mind that either.

I can't promise you diamond rings, but I can promise that you'll be seeing plenty of the following:

Thrifting/vintage finds, fashion-y things (me....talking about fashion................ what.), sewing stuff, good old fashioned story telling, ranty goodness, and most definitely more than enough information about all of the food I cannot stop myself from eating.

I'm in this one to win this one, and I'm itching to get started. I love you if you check up on me here every once in a while; I love you if you don't.


Tomorrow it begins! I wrote a post about how I chopped of my hair and dyed it teal, and also about liberation.


Thanks for being rad, rad, people. Live a purposeful life.

All the best,

Paige.