Saturday, September 13, 2014

Ello' GOVNA! [London, here I come]










My roommate & I went out for a rad celebration dinner last night to Maggiano's, as you can see. It's not my family's Italian food, but it's really close. Basically, I left feeling fat and happy.

The reason we were celebrating is because within the last two weeks, both of us have gotten conformation of what is potentially going to be one of the coolest things either of us have ever done. This winter, we're moving out of our apartment early. Next semester, neither Tess nor I will be returning to Temple's main campus. 






            WE'RE GOING TO LONDON.























It has been months of planning, paperwork, and positive energy, but it's finally official. To be honest, I am hesitant to even mention it now because it won't truly be official until my butt is sitting on a plane, but everything is set. We'll both be studying through the School of Media and Communications semester program, while both living and interning in the city. (IS THIS REAL LIFE). Although the program dates are finalized, we will be gone roughly four months, from January to May.

It's so funny to think that at the beginning of last year, this idea seemed so far off. Neither Tess nor I expected it to work out, but we went ahead and bought a big whiteboard shaped like a red phone booth anyway. And on it, we wrote all of the steps we needed to take, hurdles we needed to clear, and exciting prospects we faced if we actually did make it there in the end. That whiteboard sat in our room for a full year, and slowly, we ended up checking off all of the boxes on it.

I'm so, so, so, so excited. It hasn't sunk in and it doesn't feel real, but I'm thrilled just thinking about it. So family & pals, I wanted to let you know! Especially because much of my life in the next few months will be slowly preparing to go - so now I can officially share those steps with you on the blog too.

Finally, and most importantly, I have to completely step back from all of this and say the worlds most massive, lovefilled thank you both my mom and dad, and my grandma and grandpa. All four of them listened to my pipedream idea, humored my giddiness, and most importantly offered me support to do this. I know it isn't easy, or cheap, or exciting that I'm going to be away. But they have shown me so much love and support and for that I am so thankful. I LOVE YOU GUYS!

Anyway, all I know is, I'm looking forward to some real fish and chips sometime soon.

All the best,

British Accent-ed Paige